Friday, April 11, 2008

Komen Gives Money to Planned Parenthood

This article just blew me away. I've already stated where I stand on the whole pink ribbon campaign, but even knowing what I know about the cancer industry, this still totally shocked me. Apparently, some Komen affiliates are donating thousands of dollars, over $700,000 in all, to local Planned Parenthood offices. While Planned Parenthood says that the donations are earmarked for breast exams, if you know anything about money you know that it just freed up money for other procedures such as abortions. (I remember back when the Georgia Lottery was being discussed and how they brainwashed people into believing that it would bring more money into the schools. Sure it brought money into the schools, and the money that was already being spent on the schools went somewhere else. Nice, huh?)


Anyway, we're all adults. Let's be real. I guess I can't double-boycott the Komen Foundation, but this is just another reason why you should if you haven't. Use your money for your own prevention strategies and do your due diligence when it comes to cancer and cancer research. While I once supported them all, including the American Cancer Society and their famous "Relay for Life," I now go out of my way to avoid giving any cancer research company my money. If a product has a pink ribbon, I will not buy it. I will either go without or use a different brand. For more information, you can visit http://www.thinkbeforeyoupink.org/

Here's the article: http://www.lifenews.com/nat3849.html

1 comment:

Kitty said...

Thank you for showing me that I am not the only one who doesn't buy pink ribbon stuff! I don't even like buying anything pink, if I am not sure where the money goes! I will avoid having pink things in the house, so I don't give anyone the mistaken impression that I support that cause.